Both professionals and parents are welcomed as members in the Association. There are various types of memberships, including:
- Active Member – must hold the appropriate license or certification in the area of specialty. An Active Member must be accredited in a related professional field, and have displayed an interest in the rehabilitation of persons with cleft palate, cleft lip or other craniofacial anomalies.
- Associate Member – a person, including parents, with an interest in cleft palate, cleft lip and other craniofacial anomalies.
- Honorary Members – persons who have distinguished themselves by their scientific contributions or by benefactions to the advancement of cleft lip, cleft palate and craniofacial rehabilitation.
- Student Member – a full time student in an academic institution working toward professional accreditation, who displays an interest in the rehabilitation of persons with cleft lip, cleft palate and other craniofacial anomalies and is recommended in writing by a member of the faculty.
- Life Member – status conferred by unanimous vote of the Executive Committee upon Active Members of the Association at the time of their professional retirement.